NeedyMeds' Mission Statement
Mission Statement: NeedyMeds educates and empowers those seeking affordable healthcare.
Vision Statement: Our vision is affordable healthcare for all.
How we do it: NeedyMeds, a national non-profit, achieves its mission by providing information on healthcare programs, offering direct assistance and facilitating programs.
NeedyMeds is a national non-profit organization that maintains a website of free information on programs that help people who can't afford medications and healthcare costs. More than 1.3 million patients, family members, healthcare professionals, social workers and patient advocates use the NeedyMeds website each year. We regularly update data on over 9,000 assistance programs, 15,000 free/low-cost/sliding scale clinics and nearly 1,500 drug discount coupons. We also publish information about resources for specific diseases. All our information is accessible online, at no charge and without registration.
NeedyMeds relies on six sources of financial support:
- License fees for organizations' use of our databases
- Sales of PAPTracker software, that helps clinics simplify Patient Assistance Program application processes
- A small transaction fee on every use of the free NeedyMeds drug discount card
- Thoroughly reviewed supporting partners on our website
- Fees from pharmaceutical companies for call center and application processing services
- Corporate and individual donations
NeedyMeds provides a free drug discount card that offers a discount of up to 80% at more than 65,000 pharmacies nationwide. Anyone can use the card regardless of income level or insurance status and no registration is required. The same card can be used by friends and family members to save on prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs and medical supplies written on a prescription form, and pet prescription drugs purchased at a pharmacy.