How NeedyMeds Supports the Work of the Patient Advocate
The patient advocate community plays an important role in our mission to help people afford the costs of health care. NeedyMeds has a variety of resources available that can contribute to and support the work that you do.
Resources for You
- Patient Assistance Program Update Service (PAPUS)
PAPUS is a free e-mail alert service which allows you to receive important patient assistant program updates, including contact information changes, new, closed or merged programs, drug additions/removals, new or changed applications and eligibility criteria changes to programs. Sign up and choose either daily or weekly updates and keep abreast of important updates as they become available.
- Information on the NeedyMeds Website
Our website is an informational resource designed to be easy to navigate as you help your patients. The website includes many different resources, including a comprehensive database of patient assistance programs and disease-based assistance programs. Visit our homepage to start finding the programs and assistance available to help your patients.
- NeedyMeds Drug Discount Card
If you are working with a client who does not qualify for a PAP, a PAP does not exist for a particular medication, or if the person needs a medication quickly, try using the free NeedyMeds Drug Discount Card. No activation or registration is needed.
- NeedyMeds Materials
We offer brochures designed to help patients use the NeedyMeds website to find assistance programs. To request an information packet containing brochures, NeedyMeds Drug Discount Cards and a drug discount card handout, please visit our Request Information page. To print out a brochure, visit the NeedyMeds Brochure page.
Our Patient Assistance Program software, PAPTracker, is software that expedites the PAP application process and is ideal for advocacy organizations that fill out many applications a day for patients. PAPtracker produces completed PAP applications on the manufacturer form for each application the patient needs, generates refill reminders, saves time and increases efficiency and accuracy. Limited grant funding may be available for qualified non-profits.
NeedyMeds has an array of educational opportunities that can enhance the work of patient advocates.
- NeedyMeds Webinars - Presentations that offer an overview of the many resources available on the website.
- Connector Program - A guide to create a volunteer-based program helping people in need use the resources of the NeedyMeds website.
- Speaker's Bureau - NeedyMeds staff members can do an in-house presentation for your organization tailored to your needs.
- Patient Advocate News (PAN) - Our monthly newsletter that features organizational updates and interviews with our partners.
Partner With Us
Interested in working with NeedyMeds? Click on the links to find out more information about ways to collaborate. Or if you'd like to work with NeedyMeds in other ways, please contact us to discuss partnership opportunities.
- NeedyMeds Drug Discount Card Partnership - An opportunity to partner with NeedyMeds at no cost on a co-branded drug discount card.
- Disease Resource Page Partnership - NeedyMeds collaborates with other disease-based non-profit organizations to host these pages. If you're interested in putting together a page featuring your organization's resources and information,
take a look at our Disease Resources Pages section and contact us.
- Conferences - NeedyMeds' staff members attend and speak at conferences throughout the year, many of which may be helpful to the advocate community as well.
If your organization is having a conference or attending one that we should know about, please contact us.
To request more information on education or outreach services, contact 978-281-6666 or email outreach.