Every state has programs to help needy families and individuals with the cost of healthcare. NeedyMeds has compiled a database of programs and helpful tools and information to navigate these programs.
- State-Sponsored Programs are created, sponsored, and/or funded by state, county or local governments and can be found by clicking on a state, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico or Guam. Programs and their guidelines vary from state to state.
- Medicare Information explains the Medicare programs and has links to other useful Medicare-related websites.
- NeedyMeds has also has a list of Medicaid Sites with a clickable map where you can learn more about Medicaid in your state.
- State Health Insurance Assistance Programs (SHIP or SHIIP) are federally-funded health advisory programs providing grants to all 50 states and some territories to provide health insurance counseling to Medicare recipients and their families.
- We have included the Federal Poverty Guidelines and Tax Return Request Forms to help people using Patient Assistance Programs (PAPs) or other assistance programs.