Programs for Children
Click on the categories below to learn about the programs.
- Patient Assistance Programs provide free or low-cost medicine for people of all ages. Many of them cover drugs prescribed for children.
- State Programs Every state has an insurance program for children of low-income residents. These programs are often called CHIPs but some states give the program a different name.
- Diagnosis-Based Assistance programs in this section provide assistance needed due to a specific disease or condition. Many of them are for childhood diseases.
- Vaccines for Children Program This federal program grants free immunizations to eligible children.
- Medicaid Children of low-income families may be eligible for Medicaid. Each state determines the eligibility for this program.